Area of Ministry: Senior Pastor Reports to: Board of Elders Direct reports: All staff
— Follow the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America
— Agree with the Broken Bow E-Free Church Mission, Core Values, and Philosophy of Ministry.
— Follow Broken Bow E-Free Church Constitution and Bylaws.
Objective: Ensure the smooth operation of the organization, and cooperation of
all church staff to create an environment conducive to the realization of the
church's mission. The day-to-day leadership, management and decision making
of all church policies and ministries, including staff and related personnel issues
as the primary representative of the Elders.
1. Develop spiritual life, character, personal life, training, and attitude in a way that encourages the congregation, validates preaching/teaching and leadership, and represents Christ.
2. Preach at all services each Sunday with sermons that are relevant to the current times, nurturing, guiding, equipping and challenging to meet the needs of the congregation in its walk with Christ.
3. Serve as a member of the board of elders and work in partnership with the other elders to establish the vision and direction for the ministry of the church.
4. Work in concert with the appropriate staff to implement worship services that reflect the church's values without compromising Biblical standards.
5. Provide leadership development for the staff, ministry leaders, and others in the congregation as well as anticipate and plan future additions to the elder board and future staff positions.
6. Oversees all employees of the church, working with the elders to develop and implement a staff supervision model appropriate to the size and complexity of the church staff.
7. Ensure the effective pastoral care of the congregation, utilizing staff, non-staff and personal efforts.
8. Provide effective pastoral care, motivation, and encouragement to the staff and create an atmosphere of openness and trust.
9. Provide leadership and input regarding development, approval, and implementation of the annual church budget.
10. Devote some time in kingdom activities outside the local congregation including support for and involvement in missions and other activities that demonstrate an involvement in the broader local and worldwide work of Christ.
10.Provide day-to-day leadership to the staff and coordination of all church ministries.
11. Design, develop and regularly monitor all ministry team's annual performance plans and reviews.
12.Coordinate staff retreats, planning days and other staff functions.
13.Coordinate leadership meetings.
14.Write and teach a monthly leadership training lesson.
15. Monitor and oversee all department budgets and overall church budget.
16.Conduct exit interviews with faithful members to:
— Learn from their leaving
— Let them know that we care about them.
— Models TEAMWORK: Working together to fulfill the mission of BB-EFREE Church recognizing and utilizing the spiritual gifts and talents of the team, serving the team as a vital contributor and encouraging team members in their areas of responsibility.
— Models TRUST: Being consistently reliable, working to develop authentic relationships through honesty and accountability and esteeming the value of confidentiality and personal integrity
— Models HUMILITY: This means honoring and supporting the ideas and gifts of contributions of each team member:
— Models EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Sharing your ideas in a manner that is clear to others, listening intently, assuming nothing while clarifying everything and sharing responsibility to understand and be understood.
Personal Growth Expectations:
— Seeks to be a growing, passionate follower of Jesus Christ.
— Seeks to invest in one's marriage and family.
— Seeks to be a good steward of mind, emotions, body, time and wealth.
An understanding of the challenges facing all aspects of leading areas
The gift of leadership
The ability to cast vision that's in alignment with the church mission. This person must possess the ability to see the overall vision, communicate this vision and own the responsibility of communicating this vision to leadership and those serving in the ministry.
Excellent communication skills.
Fully endorse the EFCA Statement of Faith.
Ability to oversee the development of yearly ministry goals and budgets by ministry staff.
— Bachelors of Arts Degree or equivalent in experience working towards a MA in Biblical Studies or an M-Div.
Certification or License:
— Pursue and attain ordination through the Evangelical Free Church of America.